Wednesday 9 January 2013

Blog 1:  Rihanna - Diamonds

As you can see we are not going to work with "Gangnam Style", but with Rihanna's hit called "Diamonds". I'm sorry, but we don't speak Korean.

Activity 1
Look at the lyrics and fill in the blanks with the appropriate words.

Shine bright like a (1) ____________
Shine bright like a diamond

Find light in the beautiful (2) ____________

I choose to be happy
You and I, you and I
We’re like diamonds in the (3
) ____________

You’re a shooting star I (4) ____________
A vision of ecstasy
When you hold me, I’m alive
We’re like diamonds in the (5) ____________


I knew that we’d become one right away
Oh, right away
At first sight I left the (6) ____________ of sun rays
I saw the life inside your eyes

So shine bright, tonight you and I
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the (7) ____________

Eye to eye, so alive
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the (8) ____________

Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a (9) ____________

Shining bright like a diamond
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the (10) ____________


Palms rise to the (11) ____________
As we moonshine and molly
Feel the warmth, we’ll never die

We’re like diamonds in the (12) ____________

Activity 2
a. Write the past simple forms of the verbs in bold and their translations.
b. Write three verbs in past that appear oin the song.

Activity 3
Write one sentence in past with each of these words:
find; choose; see; feel; die.