Thursday 21 February 2013

And this week ... a song!

Have you heard "Don't you worry child" by Swedish House Mafia? It's number one in this week's top 40, so let's enjoy it.

Activity 1
Describe the singer in the middle.

Activity 2
Listen to the song and fill in the gaps with some PAST FORMS.

There (1) ________ a time, I used to look into my father's eyes
In a happy home, I was a king I (2) ________ a gold throne
Those days are gone , now the memories are on the wall
I hear the sounds from the places where I (3) ________ born


Up on the hill across the blue lake,
that's where I had my first heart break
I still remember how it all (4) ________
my father (5) ________

Don't you worry, don't you worry child
See heaven's got a plan for you
Don't you worry, don't you worry now

Yeah!


There was a time, I (6) ________ a girl of a different kind
We (7) ________ the world,
Thought I'll never lose her out of sight
We (8) ________ so young
I think of her now and then
Still hear the song reminding me of a friend

chorus


Activity 3
Write one sentence with each of the verbs from the gaps. You must write 8 sentences in total.