Thursday 21 February 2013

And this week ... a song!

Have you heard "Don't you worry child" by Swedish House Mafia? It's number one in this week's top 40, so let's enjoy it.

Activity 1
Describe the first image you see (the one with the three singers). Remember to use in the middle, on the left, on the right.

Activity 2
Listen to the song and fill in the gaps with one word each.

There was a (1) ________, I used to look into my father's eyes
In a happy home, I was a king I had a gold throne
Those days are (2)________ , now the memories are on the wall
I hear the sounds from the places where I was born

Up on the hill across the blue (3) ________,
that's where I had my first heart break
I still (4) ________ how it all changed
my father said

Don't you worry, don't you worry child
See heaven's got a plan for you
Don't you worry, don't you worry (5) 
________
Yeah!


There was a time, I met a girl of a different kind
We ruled the (6) ________,
Thought I'll never lose her out of sight
We were so (7) ________
I think of her now and then
Still hear the song reminding me of a friend

chorus

Activity 3
Find words that mean: 
1. person that rules a country.
2. a vertical construction made ofstone, brick, wood, ...
3. mountain.
4. the sky, firmament.
5. to cause to remember something.